First Steps to Setting up Printer
- Install Cura using download link to the left.
- Connect printer to your computer using provided USB cable.
- Plug in printer. The printer is now turned on and you can verify by looking for a little green light near the micro SD card slot on the side. There is no power switch so you will need to pull the power cable to turn off the printer.
- Open Cura and import an .stl 3D model file. Need a 3D model, look at Thingiverse.com or download this model: Mr. Alligator.
- Install printer profile. ...
- Change print temperature to 215 degrees C.
- Change to pronterface ...
Loading Model and Filament
- Resize and rotate model until it is the size/print time that you need and that the flattest portion is on the build plate.
- Click on print and the printer interface window will open.
- Load PLA filament by heating up the printer to 215 degrees C. Wait until the temperature stabilizes and then feed into the small opening right above the "pb" lettering.
- Click on extrude repeatedly (8+) until the filament is the correct color and extruding easily.
- Put or replace blue tape on bed. Tape can be reused but should be smooth.
- Select raft or brim and supports if needed in main window.
- Click print in pronterface window.
- If model print fails, stop job in pronterface window.