Library purchase policy
At this time, the Legal Information Center is not actively searching out Continuing Legal Education (CLE) materials to purchase. However, we do occasionally add CLEs to our collection because they fit current needs. CLEs may be checked out per regular loan rules to UF students, faculty, staff and Florida Bar members. Please see circulation to determine the loan period applicable to you.
List of CLEs as of July 1, 2012
|Course Name||Publisher||Format||Advertised Credit||Florida Expiration Date|
|Practice Management Track - 6th Annual Solo & Small Firm Conference - The Extraordinary Lawyer: Minding Your Own Business||Florida Bar||CD||
|9/21/2012 - 3/21/2014|
|Survey of Florida Law, 2012||Florida Bar||CD||
|5/24/2012 - 11/24/2013|
|Survey of Florida Law, 2013||Florida Bar||CD||
|4/30/2013 - 10/30//2014|
ABA hours are based on a 60 minute hour. CLE credit may increase in 50 minute states.
The Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center (LIC) does not guarantee that CLE credit will be provided to you by the Florida bar. Attorneys, and NOT the LIC, are responsible for:
- Verifying the rules that pertain to their Bar's CLE requirements, including whether the format available is acceptable.
- Verifying the amount and type of credit available to them through their Bar.
- Verifying whether the course is still current for their Bar's CLE purposes.
- Identifying the course number for the CLE materials for their Bar.
How to Locate CLEs in the Catalog
As we receive CLEs, we add them to our catalog. This is the most current source for determining what CLEs we have available and for obtaining further information about the CLEs. Here are the steps to use the catalog for this purpose:
- Open our online Catalog
- In the search box, enter "CLE approval" (inlcude quotation marks)
- You should receive a result list with CLE materials.
- Be aware of the dates on the materials to make sure that you are using current materials.