You can set your computer to allow for searching in Arabic by clicking "my computer", "Change a Setting", "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options", "Regional and Language Options." You will have to choose to "Install files for complex script and right to left languages."
There is also a virtual keyboard at "Start, Programs, accessories, accessability, on screen keyboard" which will have Arabic font after the previous step is done. There are also Arabic -English keyboards available on the internet which allow you to type in Arabic and then cut and paste.
Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Search subject databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles Tab.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account online.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically and books can be picked up at Marston Science Library.