The first step to creating a bibliography or publications list in EndNote Basic is to collect references from various databases.
Listed below are details on how to collect references from Clarivate Analytics databases (Web of Science, MEDLINE, BIOSIS, CABi, and Zoo Record), PubMed, and EDIS (IFAS publications).
There are also directions on how to import citations manually.
Part 1: Download citations from PubMed
Part 2: Import citations into EndNote Basic
These directions are designed to assist IFAS faculty with preparing publication lists. A similar process may be used for all ".txt" format imports to EndNote Basic.
1. Go to http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/dosearch.html. You should see the screen similar to the one displayed below:
2. Search by author
3. Above your results list, you will see an option to “Output your results in EndNote format” and a button labeled “Export.” Click the “Export” button to export in EndNote format.
4. Save the output as a text file. (Give the file a name; be sure to select “Text (.txt)” from the file type drop down menu. Save the file.)
5.Log into your EndNote Basic account.
6. Select the “Collect” tab from the EndNote Basic main menu.
7. Click on the “Import References” option. You will be presented with the EndNote Basic import interface pictured below:
8. Clicking the “Browse” button and select the .txt file you created
9. Select “EndNote Import” from the filter list.
10. Choose which group you would like to import your EDIS publications into.
You can also input references manually:
1. Log into your EndNote Basic account.
2. Select the "Collect" Tab
3. Choose "New Reference"
4. Fill out the fields for the reference.
5. Once you have filled out the fields, select a group to organize the reference.