Information Literacy Tutorials Module 2 : What's Living in the Swamp? - Variety of Information Sources
To introduce students to the variety of information sources and formats found in the library and online.
By the time you are done with this module you will be able to:
- List information sources, books, journals, magazines, newspapers, databases, and websites.
- Describe information sources to demonstrate that you understand their purpose and content.
- Explain why one type of resource more appropriate than another for a specific question or information need.
- Distinguish between scholarly, popular, and peer reviewed journals.
- Describe the purpose of the library catalog.