Last updated August 2019 by Jorge Gonzalez and Gerald Langford
Exporting records from Aleph using a file of bib system numbers using Print-03
- Create a text file of Aleph bib system numbers. (Numbers should have leading zeroes for a total of nine digits. “UXU01” should be appended to each number, e.g., 02316371UXU01)
- Access the Aleph Staff Menu for the Production client (https://susopac.falsc.org/cgi-bin/afv )
- Log in using your Aleph credentials.
- Click on “Browse” button; navigate to text file on your computer.
- Highlight file you created; click on “Open”
- Click on “Upload” to upload the text file to the Aleph Production server. Making sure alephe/scratch button is selected [default].
- Message should appear indicating that your file has been uploaded to the alephe/scratch directory on the Production server. “file named”.txt uploaded to alephe/scratch
- In the Aleph Cataloging module, go to the Services menu
- Go to “Retrieve Catalog Records,” then “Download Machine-Readable Records (print-03)”
- Print-03 dialog box will open. Make sure “Add to History” box is checked and “Read From/PrintToADM” box is unchecked.
Fill in as follows
- Input File: [name of file you saved on Aleph server, e.g., sta3-bib-pt1.txt]
- Output File: [whatever name you want; might be good to use an .mrc extension, e.g., sta3-bib-pt1.mrc] Field 1 + Indicator: ALL
- Format: MARC
Submitting and Downloading
- Click on “Submit” button
- After clicking “Submit,” box should appear with message “Job was submitted to queue.”
- Click “OK.”
- In browser, use back button to go to Aleph File View / Download / Upload menu.
- Click on link to “uxu01/scratch.”
- Find the output file in the list . (If not in the list, check the Batch Queue in the Aleph Cataloging client to see if the Aleph service has run yet)
- Click on “Download” button opposite the file name.
- Save the file to your computer.
- To see if the print-03 job has not yet run:
- in the Aleph Cataloging module, click on the Task Manager tab (“pencil box” icon in the top left area).
- Highlight “[Q] Batch Queue.”
- If the print-03 job has not yet run, it will be in the list, under “Proc,” as “p_print_03.”