The general workflow for obtaining ADA-compliant files for UF staff/students is as follows:
1. Patrons request (through a web form at this link) that we obtain a file/title from Hathitrust. the information that the patron would need to supply are name, Gatorlink user ID, and title/author of the book requested.
2. Requests would be routed to one email box under the control of the Library West course reserves unit staff (Paul McDonough, and Janice Kahler). These staff members would monitor the mailbox and act on requests.
3. Once the course reserves unit receives the request and patron information, the Disabilities Resource Center (DRC) is contacted, to verify that the patron is registered with DRC.
4. If the patron is registered with DRC, staff contacts Hathitrust, requesting the title needed, and stating that the patron is registered with DRC and eligible to receive the files
5. When the file is received, staff forwards the file to the patron (using only UF email addresses), and the file is then deleted from all local servers (to remain in compliance with copyright best practices)