About Linda Butson
As your Liaison Librarian, Linda can:
- Meet with you in person, by phone or over e-mail to discuss any of your information needs, including copyright, bibliographic citations or bibliographic software (such as RefWorks and EndNote)
- Provide information consultations to assist students, faculty, and staff with literature searching and other information gathering
- Develop and teach library orientations or information-related classes based on your recommendations
- Present at department meetings or journal clubs
- Create customized online interactive tutorials for use by on- and off-campus faculty, staff, and students
- Conduct literature searches (including IACUC) for HSC faculty and staff
- Take your recommendations for expanding electronic and print resources for the HSC Libraries' collection
- Collaborate with you on publications and grants
If you have any questions about resources or you would like to integrate library instruction in your courses, please contact Linda at 352.273.8399 or ButsonL@ufl.edu.
BS in Zoology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Masters of Librarianship, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, NC
Mountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville, NC.1974-1992
Off-Campus Library Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant MI, Office located in Fairfax VA 1992-1995.
Linda is responsible for developing and promoting library services that support the consumer health, patient education and community outreach activities of the health science center and its six colleges. She liaises to the the College of Medicine’s Department of Radiology and Department of Radiation Oncology and University of Florida's AHEC program.