American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies
North American, English language journal articles, etc., in all Slavic subdisciplines, especially history, on East Central Europe, Russia, and the former Soviet Union, 1990-present.
- CEEOL (Central and East European Library Online)
Full text PDF articles from 473 Central and Western European humanities and social science periodicals in 30 countries, pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics. English abstracts/summaries. Search by keyword, author, language, subject, periodical, country.
- Current Digest of Soviet and Post Soviet Press--Browse
Full text 1949-present. To browse through individual issues, click on the above title. Please see the information icon for transliterature anomolies.
- Dissertations, Canadian 1965-present
- Dissertations, Russian chiefly 2003-present
Rossiiskaia gosudarstvennaia biblioteka catalog of dissertations and summaries (avtoreferaty), as well as ordering information, in Russian.
- Dissertations, Russian, titles in English
Catalog of Russian dissertation titles, translated into English with ordering information.
- Dissertations, Russian. Elektronnaia biblioteka dissertatsii
Searchable database of electronic dissertations from the Rossiiskaia gosudarstvennaia biblioteka
- Dissertations, Tartu University (Estonia) Full text
Click on "Go" for most recent list. Sort by date, title, or author.
- Doctoral Dissertations in Progress
- EBSEES: European Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies
Coverage: 1991-2006. No further editing after 2007. 1975-1990 available in paper ony.
- Foreign Dissertations, Center for Research Libraries
Search by title or author. To see all Russian dissertations, choose Russia (Federation) for Place of Publication, Dissertations for "Location" box, and type in "universitet" in top search box. Results can be sorted by title or year.
- German Bibliography of Materials on Russia, the Soviet Union and its Successor States (RussGUS)
- Historical Abstracts 1954-present
Excellent database for all world history except North America since 1450. Covers journal articles, books and dissertations from the U.S., and journal articles from Western and Eastern Europe.
- Hoover Institute Library Pamphlet Database
Click on title. Search button is on the left of the screen.
55,000 pamphlets including many in all Slavic languages
- MLA (Modern Language Association) International Bibliography
Excellent coverage of English and Russian language scholarship on Russian literature and culture. Journal articles, etc., in all languages on literature, linguistics, folklore, popular culture, and film.
- PAIS 1972-present
Covers public affairs in Eastern European and former Soviet republics. Abstracts of English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese language journal articles, books, government documents, statistics, committee reports, and serials.
- Subject Search in the Library Catalog
Search Library Catalog under Databases, by Subject, select Slavic. You can do a cross search of major Slavic Studies databases:
- Universal Database of Russian Newspaper Contents list
List of current newspapers.
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Searchable full text database of over 30 currently published core Russian newspapers, and 30 no longer published. Includes archives generally going back to the 1990s. Search across any combination of newspapers in Cyrillic or Library of Congress transliteration. The database covers Russian Central Newspapers, Russian Regional Newspapers and Social Sciences and Humanities.