Who We Are
Emerging Technologies Advisory Group replaced the former The Library 2.0 Working Group and was charged with identifying and supporting knowledge discovery and exchange in the Web environment. The group addressed the changing nature of on-line research and collaborated with library staff to identify a range of tools that promoted scholarly discovery on-line.
Areas of interest for development and implementation:
- Expanded access of Library services and resources at point of need; marketed to students and faculty; established plan for ongoing usability evaluation.
- Brought about better user experiences by planning and implementing user forums that offered opportunities for shared discussion and feedback.
- Explored customizable or agile user interface that would simplify and personalize Library Web navigation to improve content access.
- Endorsed standardized Web templates for consistent and professional Library Web presentation
- Promoted communication through application of social networking software and integration of multimedia content to library network presentation.
- Investigated increasing Library presence on Sakai; in particular for easy access to Ares course reserves system to offer one-stop for student research.
- Stayed current with developments in mobile technology, cloud computing, content management systems, visualization software, QR code applications, gaming, and electronic resources/readers.