Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Search subject databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles Tab.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account online.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically and books can be picked up at Marston Science Library.
TJ265.G45 - 2011 Energy systems: a new approach to engineering thermodynamics
S678.65.A37 - 2011 Agricultural robots: mechanisms and practices
QA805.M43 - 2011 Mechanical vibrations: modeling and measurement (Book / E-Book)
TA654.2.J66 - 2012 Structual impact (Book /E-Book)
Most Mechanical Engineering books are on the 4th Floor in the Marston Science Library, Journals are on the 1st and 3rd floors. Use the below chart to determine the relevant call number range. Otherwise, search the library catalog to find books by subject, title and author.
|QA 800-939||Applied Mechanics|
|T 385||Computer graphics|
|TA 174-177||Engineering design|
|TA 329-347||Engineering mathematics & analysis; probabilistic, statistical, simulation methods|
|TA 345||Computer-aided engineering|
|TJ 1-1570||Mechanical Engineering|
|TJ 163||Power resources and energy conservation|
|TJ 170||Machinery mechanics, dynamics, kinematics|
|TJ 210-225||Mechanical devices, automation, robots, control systems|
|TJ 226-254||Design and construction of machinery|
|TJ 255-740||Heat, turbine, steam engines|
|TJ 750-805||Motors and engines: internal combustion, diesel|
|TJ 807-830||Renewable energy: solar, wind|
|TJ 836-927||Hydraulic machinery|
|TJ 940||Vacuum technology|
|TJ 950-1030||Pneumatic machinery|
|TJ 1045-1119||Power & power transmission|
|TJ 1125-1345||Machine shops and practice|
|TJ 1350-1519||Machinery (hoisting, conveying, lifting, pressing, agricultural, domestic)|
|TK 1000-2999||Electrical Power Production: motors, machinery, batteries, fuel cells|