Need Gator1 Card AND $$$ on Vending Account...
- Make sure there are funds in the VENDING account of your Gator1 card.
- Check your balance and/or add money here: http://www.gator1.ufl.edu
- When you add funds to the vending account on your Gator1 card, the online processing can sometimes take five+ minutes.
- ProTip: Add your funds first so you can work on and edit your document while your Gator1 request processes.
How much does it cost?
Black/White = .10 per page
Please Note: Color printing (.50 per page) is not available in Library West BUT you can release your color print jobs to the printing network and pick up the documents over in the AFA or MSL branch libraries w/your Gator1 Card.
1st FLOOR PRINTER
One printer is located on the 1st floor, right outside the double elevators.
Other Printing Options for UF Students
Academic Technology (AT) Computer Labs and at The HUB
The printing system in the CIRCA Labs & the HUB is different than the UF Libraries. AT bills you for your at the end of the month via your Gatorlink account.
**FREE** Printing for UF Students
Courtesy of the UF Student Government, there are a few FREE printing options on campus available to UF students. Yep, that's FREE, as in, synonymous with NO COST! :)
Reitz Union Computer Lab:
Student Government (SG) offers 250 FREE pages of printing per semester to UF students at the Reitz Union Computer Lab:
IBC & La Casita:
You can also print for free (courtesy of SG) at the Institute of Black Culture (IBC) & the Institute of Hispanic Latino Cultures (La Casita), both located across the street from Library West.
Send your print job from a library computer...
- From Browser or Programs, go to “File” and choose “Print,” just as you would when printing from any computer.
- When you choose “Print,” a pop-up box will appear, asking for your UFID number.
- Enter your UFID and click “Print.”
- Your document has now been released to the UF Libraries Printing Network. This means you can now pick up your document from any printer in any UF Libraries branch, including Library West.
Printing Tutorial Video
Watch how students print in LibWest...
2nd FLOOR PRINTER
One printer is located on the 2nd floor to the east of the Circulation Desk.
SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!
Millions of dollars (and millions of trees) are lost every year due to very wasteful and inconsiderate photocopy and printing habits. Developing more efficient and sustainable habits not only saves money but prepares you to be a better global citizen after graduation.
Compare your printing and copying habits to the UF recommendations provided here: http://ufcn.urel.ufl.edu/ink/students.shtml
Pick up your document from the printer…
- Carefully swipe your Gator1 card on the card swipe reader located on the right side of the machine.
- You want it to read the small stripe on the back of your card.
- WAIT for the machine to confirm that it read or did not read your card. If you swipe more than once without waiting, it will lock your account and you will be unable to print.
- View your balance and click “OK.”
- Choose your document from the touch screen.
- Touch the “START” button on the printer.
- LOGOFF from the touchscreen when you are done.
Yes! Wireless printing is available for some laptops & MacBooks.
For more information on how to download the special drivers for your laptop, please visit:
Step by Step instructions for Mac:
Step by Step instructions for Windows:
3rd FLOOR PRINTERS
Two printers are located on the 3rd floor, east of the Research Assistance Desk.
Printing for UF Guests
If you are a UF Guest, you will need to add money to a special Guest Printing Card before you will be able to print or photocopy in the UF Libraries.
Ask for a Guest Printing Card at one of the service desks on the 2nd or 3rd floor
Visit this link: http://www.gator1.ufl.edu/library
Enter the Card ID (front of card) & Access Code (back of card) and click "LOGIN"
Click "ADD MONEY" to your account (there is a $15 minimum).
Check box next to “I agree to the terms and conditions" and then click "ACCEPT"
Select the amount to add ($15 min) and then click "NEXT"
Confirm your selection by clicking "PAY NOW WITH CREDIT CARD"
Check box next to “I acknowledge that I have read and accept the terms and conditions of the CASHNet® User Agreement”
Click CONTINUE CHECKOUT.
Fill in your payment information and click "CONTINUE CHECKOUT"
When done, LOGOUT OF GATOR1 CENTRAL
- Treat this card as you would cash or a gift card- if you lose it, there is no way for the money to be refunded to you.
- Value added to these special Guest Printing Cards may also be used in the Starbucks downstairs or in vending machines located outside Library West.