Use of most electronic library resources (including e-books, e-journals, and databases) is restricted to affiliates of UF. For off-campus access to library-licensed e-publications and research databases, use either the UF VPN or the library proxy.
When you see in your search results, click to access digital full-text material.
Instructions for both methods of access can be found at the link below.
Why Use RefWorks?
RefWorks is a commercial citation management software program available free of charge to students and faculty at UF. You can:
- Import records from the library catalog, library subscription databases and openly available sources such as Google Scholar and WorldCat
- Enter citations manually
- Choose a variety of formats for your bibliography (or create your own custom format)
- Share folders with others at UF or outside of the University
- Create in-text citations as you write your Microsoft Office for Windows document (simply download a plug-in)
- Automatically cite and format your bibliography in OpenOffice or other file formats by uploading to the RefWorks server.
- Attach and store files within your account so references, ILLed items, etc. won't get lost
- Create multiple accounts for yourself or your research teams
- Maintain access to accounts after you have graduated
Current Support Issues
The new Write-n-Cite version 4 is slow or unresponsive.
Refworks is aware of the issue and is currently working to resolve it. An update was issued recently, so please update your version of WnC.
Output Style Manager is not working when using the FireFox browser.
Refworks is aware of the issue and is currently working to resolve it. Please use Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari in the meantime. This page will be updated as soon as the issue is fixed.
The RefGrab-It IE plugin does not install or work.
The plugin was developed for older versions of IE (pre-IE9). Its support is highly browser- and opertating-system-dependent at the moment. For best compatibility, please use the bookmarklet tool instead of the plugin.
These resources are provided directly by RefWorks for end users.
To ask questions or request a workshop please contact Michelle Leonard 273-2866 at the Marston Science Library.