Updated April 2019 by Hank Young
Send all ALF/FLARE items to the Shared Collections Cataloging Unit as follows:
- Add the item to an existing UFSTO holding, if present; or create a UFSTO GEN holding
- Apply usual IPS (PP then TR)
- Put STO at the bottom of the call number
- Send fully processed (call number label, tattletape, UF stamp)
- When adding an item to an existing FLARE set, only update the associated UF holding with the UFFLR collection code. The Shared Collections Cataloging Unit will update the FLARE holding.
- Note: Do not send items destined for FLARE to Conservation/Preservation. FLARE receives items in whatever state they are in.
For more details on FLARE Policies and Procedures please visit:
This last link explains the “GF” process.