Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Science Library Webpage
The Science Library website aggregates all the information science students need for their major. You can access library services, special webpages for your major, science databases and the library catalog. Remember if you are off campus, use the VPN available from the off campus access link.
Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account from the catalog, after signing in with your Gator ID (click Sign In in top right corner).
- Search databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles tab above.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically.
- Enjoy the UF Libraries Safely! We encourage masks, social distancing and hand-sanitizing for everyone's safety. See an overview of library services during COVID here including real-time occupancy levels in the library branches.
UF Libraries Orientation Video
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.