Why manage data?
- to preserve the integrity of the research
- to allow reuse by others
- to reduce risk of data loss
Why make data discoverable?
- to enable work to be reproduced
- to establish credibility and to hold trust
- to enable faster progress in research, within or across disciplines
- to meet requirements of funders, journal publishers, etc.
Why reuse data?
- to verify research claims
- to permit new discoveries from exisitng data
- to foster integration of data sets for new analysis
- to reduce duplication of effort