Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Four IFAS departments provide official graduate-level distance learning degree programs. Distance education courses are offered at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Agricultural Education & Communication (AEC)
- Entomology and Pest Management
- Environmental Science - Emphasis in Soil and Water Science
Due to research taking place in micro-climates located throughout the state, off-campus IFAS students may also fall within the following majors: Environmental Horticulture (10 grad) Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences, Food and Resource Economics, Forest Resources & Conservation, Geomatics; Interdisciplinary, Landscape and Nursery Horticulture; Natural Resource Conservation; Non-degree seeking.
If you are a distance learning student in IFAS, please contact a Science Librarian for more assistance.
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences’ (IFAS) College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) considers distance learners to be students not affiliated with an “on-campus” Research & Education Center.
IFAS has more than 13 Research and Education Centers (REC), with five functioning as official teaching centers. Some RECs have teaching facilities offering both “on-campus” graduate level courses and undergraduate degrees in the following subject areas:
- Ft. Lauderdale Research & Education Center – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
(Undergraduate Degree Programs: Entomology; Environmental Horticulture Operations; Landscape & Nursery Management; Turf Grass Science; Urban Pest Management Plant Protection) on-site classes only. FLREC learning environment includes a very small/limited library and laboratories.
- Gulf Coast Research & Education Center – Wimauma/Plant City, FL (Foliage and Cut Foliage Plant Production; Landscape Ornamental Production; Grape Production; and Aquatic Pests)
- Indian River Research & Education Center - Ft. Pierce, FL (Agribusiness; Environmental Horticulture)
- Mid-Florida Research & Education Center – Apopka, FL
(Undergraduate Degree Programs: Vegetable; Fruit & Environmental Horticulture; Landscape and Nursery Management; minor: Management & Sales in Agribusiness)
- West Florida Research & Education Center – Milton, FL (Undergraduate Degree Programs: Natural Resource Conservation; Landscape and Nursery Horticulture; Turfgrass Science) on-site classes only
Please contact a Science Librarian if you would like an instructional session scheduled for a Research & Education Center.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.