Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Most of the print books are located on the 4th floor in the Marston Science Library.
Browsing Guide: selected call numbers
National Sea Grant Library
Gainesville coral reef project http://www.tinyurl.com/crochetreef
Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Search databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles tab above.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account online.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries.
- Check your Course Reserves account. You can look up books and articles placed on reserve by your professors.
Getting full text
For off-campus access to library-licensed e-Journals, research databases and e-resources, use either:
UF VPN or the library proxy server (on the remote logon page)
When you see in your search results, click for access to digital
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.