Carol McAuliffe (lead)
- Revise SWOT Summary statement, post to LibGuide, and sythenize new edits from Jana and Ben.
- Finish Technology Infrastructure / Communication Chart with Judith Roberts
Jana and Ben
- Finalize annotated bibliographies and summarize into a few paragraphs.
- Review draft SWOT Summary (once reloaded) and uploaded drafts to LibGuide
- Add additional resources to the LibGuide
To develop, implement, and promote a dynamic, comprehensive, and technologically-relevant information literacy* program in support of the university’s mission of teaching, research, and service, in partnership with the academic community.
*Information Literacy is the set of skills needed to find, retrieve, analyze, and use information (ALA, ACRL)
1) Mission Statement
- Review current library goals and mission.
- Create mission statement that is empowering, visionary, but also realistic.
- Analyze library instruction stats recorded in LibAnalytics.
- Conduct literature review of student instruction needs.
- Document current communication structure for instruction technology needs on campus.
3) S. W. O. T.
- S.W.O.T Analysis by Task Force
- S.W.O.T Analysis by Library Instruction Committee
- Compare and contrast the two S.W.O.T. analysises and find common themes.
- Begin to think about how we can best combat weaknesses and threats with our strengths and opportunities.
4) Formulate Strategic Plan
- Determine 3 to 4 specific goals for the Library Instructional Program - including the Framework Values as identified by Admin
- Develop action plan to meet those goals looking at both long term and short term needs.