Per an announcement made by Drs. David P. Norton and Leon L. Haley, Jr. regarding the IRB:
- UF is merging IRB-03 and IRB-01.
- Beginning 6/1/2019, all new IRB submissions will be reviewed by the new unified UF IRB-01.
- If you have questions,
in Jacksonville please contact Alexander Parker, PhD (904 803-6003) or Tina Bottini (904 382-7145);
in Gainesville please contact Michael Mahoney (352 443-9444).
myIRB has been upgraded.
- A new researcher manual is available at: http://irb.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/Researcher-Manual_FINAL.pdf
Following a one-year delay, the revised Common Rule will go into effect on January 21, 2019. All new protocols approved after that date will be approved under the new Common Rule, regardless of study risk, funding, or funding source.
- UF researchers should have received an email from the IRB Mailing List regarding the resulting changes
- An IRB 'Brown Bag' regarding the Revised Common Rule is forthcoming
Due to software changes, chart review submissions and consent form changes for the new consent form sections will not be accepted between January 10, 2019 and January 21, 2019. Contact the IRB office at 273-9600 with any questions.
Link to UF IRB: http://irb.ufl.edu/
Link to Revised Common Rule resources and guidance documents: https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/education-and-outreach/revised-common-rule/revised-common-rule-resources/index.html
Review IRB forms information: