Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use the Library Catalog to locate books owned by UF.
||Agriculture (including Extension)
For off-campus access to library-licensed e-Journals, research databases and e-resources, use either:
UF VPN (preferred) - or - the remote logon page
When you see in your database search results, click it for access to digital
Use our Interlibrary Loan service to request materials
to be mailed, or emailed, to your off-campus location.
Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Search databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles tab above.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account online.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically.
- More questions? Visit the George A. Smathers Libraries' How do I...? page. Here you will find online tutorials on library services, conducting research, database searching, and much more.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.