Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Natural Language Processing (NLP) Specialist
UF AI learning opportunities
- Ph.D. in Linguistics (Minor in Computer Science) - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- M.A. in Linguistics - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- B.S. in Educational Technology - Tianjin Foreign Studies University, China
I'm the natural language processing (NLP) specialist at Academic Research Consulting and Services (ARCS) department at Health Science Center Library (HSCL). I offer NLP consultations (e.g., training methods, datasets, papers, theories, etc.) and do collaborative research that uses NLP in different domains. My background is in theoretical linguistics and computer science, and I'm interested in research for a better understanding of human languages and NLP-related applications. One sets the foundations which inspire me to explore the human capacity of language, and the other empowers me with more tools for conducting research. I'm grateful that I had some opportunities to work on many different languages using machine learning methods such as Nepal Bhasa, Cantonese, Mandarin, English, and Korean.
Check out the slides of a friendly AI Introduction for Library Settings by our ARCS-AI team.
What I can do for you
As the NLP specialist, I Can:
- Meet with you in person, by phone or over e-mail to discuss any of your information needs, including your NLP/AI project ideas, tools you need, and AI learning resources.
- Provide information consultations to assist students, faculty & staff with literature searching and other information gathering.
- Develop and teach library orientations or information-related classes based on your needs
- Present at department meetings or journal clubs
- Create customized online interactive tutorials for use by on- and off-campus students, staff, and faculty
- Collaborate with you on publications and grants
Feel free to email me with any questions, or check out other services we provide at ARCS.
Tools to get started
NLTK: learning platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.
From Zero to HiPerGator: UF provides interfaces to interact with the system, manage data, initialize computation, and view the results.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.