Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Resources & Services During COVID-19
Library Resources & Services during COVID: Frequently Asked Questions
To keep everyone safe and healthy, the University of Florida's Libraries are following new policies. See answers to common questions here.
APS Compendium of Diseases & Pests Series
Click on image below to access all titles in this series, now available online.
Handbook of Florists' Crops Diseases ISBN: 978-3-319-39670-5. Publicatiion Date: 2018. Ed. RJ McGovern & WH Elmer. Chapters outline up-to-date strategies regarding breeding, chemical and biological control, cultural and environmental manipulation, diagnosis, nutrition, and sanitation and how these approaches directly influence ornamental plant health. This book is a presentation of the latest techniques for disease management by a global team of experts.
Plant Pathology by
Publication Date: 2005-01-25
This fifth edition of the classic textbook in plant pathology outlines how to recognize, treat, and prevent plant diseases. It provides extensive coverage of abiotic, fungal, viral, bacterial, nematode and other plant diseases and their associated epidemiology. It also covers the genetics of resistance and modern management on plant disease.
Academic Research Consulting & Services
Research consultation and expertise provided by the UF Libraries. Find help with Data Management, GIS & Spatial Analysis, Visualization, Statistical & Data Analysis, Research Metrics, Digital Humanities, Publishing & Archiving, Research Integrity, Copyright & Fair Use.
Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books, journals, and some articles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account from the catalog, after signing in with your Gator ID (click Sign In in top right corner).
- Search databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles tab above.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically.
- Attend a free workshop at the Library. Great instruction on a wide range of practical topics. See current offerings here.
- Enjoy the UF Libraries Safely! We encourage masks, social distancing and hand-sanitizing for everyone's safety. See an overview of library services during COVID here including real-time occupancy levels in the library branches.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.