Getting Started at the library
- Set up the UF VPN: When you're off campus, you will need to use the UF VPN software to access electronic databases, journals and books.
- Search the library catalog for books or journal titles: Links to online books and journals are also contained within the catalog.
- Search databases to find articles in journals: If you are trying to decide which database is appropriate for your research, look at the list of databases listed on the Journal Articles tab above.
- Check your account status or renew material. You can renew your books and check your library account online.
- Create an Interlibrary Loan account. This will allow you to place requests for books and journal articles not owned by the UF Libraries. The ILL office will contact other borrowing libraries around the world to request your book or article. Journal articles are normally sent electronically.
EES Research Institutes, Centers & Labs
UF Environmental Engineering Sciences is committed to providing quality educational programs in environmental science and engineering. It conducts a nationally recognized environmental research program to contribute substantially to the benefit Florida, the nation and the earth. Undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs are available.
The Environmental Engineering Sciences department includes research institutes, centers, & labs.
The list includes:
UF Water Institute: established in 2006, this interdisciplinary institute is committed to addressing Florida issues while being recognized for providing solutions, science, and education for national and global water resource problems.
Center for Environmental Policy: established in 1991, this center is dedicated to conducting research, teaching, and service that addresses the interface of energy, ecology, and economics and to establishing sustainable environmental policies and management frameworks.
Center for Wetlands: established in 1973, focuses on both basic ecological research on wetlands as well as their sustainable use in meeting environmental management needs.
Particle Engineering Research Center (PERC): established in 1998, the ultimate mission is to serve mankind with the advancement of particle science and technology through applications that will improve and enhance sustainable societal well-being, including economic health, quality of life, and the environment.
Water Reclamation and Reuse Laboratory (WR2 Lab): identifies the challenges of purifying wastewater for irrigation, power generation, lake management, and myriad other reuse applications.
Natural Area Teaching Laboratory (NATL): established circa 1944, is dedicated to teaching students and the public about ecology and biotic diversity.
Environmental Systems Commercial Space Technology Center (ES CSTC or Center): is to develop technologies for use in long-duration human space flight, while at the same time also serving as a catalyst for current, 'real-life,' commercial application of the technologies developed.
New Report from the National Academies Press
Urban Forestry:Toward an Ecosystem Services Research Agenda: A Workshop Summary (2013)
Marston Science Library