Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
May we digitize yours?
If your dissertation or thesis has not yet been digitized, please contact us! See details on our permission page
Zoology Theses and Dissertations
Dissertations written at UF:
- Search the UF Libraries' Catalog for all print and online theses.
- Using the Advanced Search, search for the subject heading: “Dissertations” as well as the department/major keywords.
- Materials will either be available in print (with a call number) or available electronically (online) through the catalog.
Dissertations written outside of UF:
- The database WorldCat Dissertations and Theses lists many dissertations, theses and published material from around the world. Not as much full-text, but you can request items using Interlibrary Loan.
- Search ProQuest Dissertations and Theses to identify many dissertations written at many universities. Not as exhaustive as Worldcat and does not include dissertations from Harvard or MIT. Does not include Masters theses. More full text available.
Obtaining copies of dissertations written outside UF:
- UF faculty/staff/students may download full text of over 600,000 theses from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: Full Text. Full text is available for approximately one third of the theses indexed in the database.
- Search WorldCat Dissertations and Theses for links to free full text or indications that a copy may be borrowed from another library.
- Try using the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service if you are a current student/faculty/staff at UF.
- You may be able to purchase a copy from ProQuest Dissertation Express, in print or online form.
- You may need to contact the author or the issuing institution/department.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.