Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Writing a Review Article - Tips for Searching the Literature
Define your scope
Use a citation management system (EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, Refworks, etc)
Comprehensiveness is key (use a variety of databases and keywords)
Keep track of search terms
Search for cited references
Adapted from Ten Simple Rules for Writing a Literature Review (DOI:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003149)
10 Things to Get You Started @ The Libraries
- Contact me, your personal librarian, if you have any questions - research help, literature searches, instruction requests, suggestions for our collection, etc.
- Bookmark the Science Library and follow us
- When you're off campus, make sure to use the UF VPN to get access to all the Libraries have to offer - journals, books, and databases.
- Need articles? Search a database! Find ones appropriate for your research on the Journal Articles Tab of this guide.
- Looking for a book? Click on the Books & E-Books Tab. Links to ebooks and journals we own can also be found there. You can also renew your items and check your library account online.
- Need something UF doesn't own? Use Interlibrary Loan to request it and we'll get it for you using our global library network.
- Need a course text? Use Course Reserves to access the textbooks, readings, and other resources for your classes.
- Want to stay organized? Keep track of your references and generate bibliographies with a RefWorks or EndNote Basic account.
- More than just books! Reserve a study room or check out all the technology we have to offer.
- Need to print or scan? MSL has B&W, Color, and Plotter printers. Print costs range from $0.08/page - $3.00/foot and can be found here: https://print.at.ufl.edu/help/pricing/. Scanners are located on the 1st & 2nd floors.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.