Please reach out to Jane Barnwell at email@example.com with your Special Opportunity Project idea as soon as possible!
Proposal submissions are due by close of business Friday, March 8, 2024 and must include:
- Signed cover sheet
- Completed application template
- Proposed budget
What is new with SOPs?
- New name! SOP now stands for Special Opportunity Project.
- Application guidelines (FAQs) to answer your questions.
- Defined clear template to guide you through your submission.
- Maximum award is now $10,000.
The Special Opportunity Project (SOP) Grant is open to all faculty and staff from the Smathers Libraries. This program has been designed to provide a supportive environment for those who wish to gain experience conceptualizing, writing, and administering grant projects. Successful grant projects are competitively selected and are funded and administered by the University of Florida Libraries Grant Management Committee. The SOP is intended to replicate, as much as possible, the process of writing and submitting grant proposals to external funding agencies.