Faculty Governance at the University of Florida Libraries
Since its formation in 2006, the UF Library Faculty Assembly (LFA) is the official faculty body for College Level Shared Governance in the University Libraries and serves all faculty librarians at the University of Florida. Progress and status of shared governance in the colleges is monitored by the UF Faculty Senate Chair (see 2011 report).
Included in our membership are all librarians in the George A. Smathers Libraries (all campus branches including the Health Science Center Libraries and The Borland Library in Jacksonville) as well as the Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center at the Fredric G. Levin College of Law. Until July 1, 2012 we also include among our members all librarians at the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA).
Meetings are generally held the 3rd Monday of each month at 10:00 AM in Library East Room 1A.
2014-2015 LFA Officers
Chelsea Dinsmore, Chair, (352) 273-0369
Melody Royster, Secretary, (352) 273-2661
Ben Walker, Past Chair, (352) 273-2545
Cathy Martyniak, Chair Elect, (352) 273-2832
2014 LFA Elections Results
Below is a summary of the LFA Election Results for the Election held in May 2014 and announced at the May 19, 2014 LFA Meeting
- Cathy Martyniak is elected as the LFA Chair
- Melody Royster is elected as LFA Secretary
- Rebecca Jefferson and Carl Van Ness are elected to the Sabbatical/FEO Committee
- Tom Caswell and Christopher Vallandingham are elected to the Sustained Performance/SPEP Committee
- John Nemmers, Ann Lindell, and Amy Buhler are elected to the T&P Committee