Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Planning, implementing, and hosting conferences or other library events can be a challenge, but this guide can help you understand the steps involved as well as the local expertise available to assist.
Initial planning steps will vary based on the size of the event and whether your are planning in partnership with a professional organization. Steps may include:
- Creation of a project timeline, program timeline, and budget
- Select your event dates (be mindful of holidays, football games, other Libraries events, etc.)
- Development of a website
- Reserving venue (conference space and hotel rooms)
- Navigating fiscal steps (reimbursements, honorariums, purchases, etc.)
- Utilizing Division of Conference Services for registration
- Development of marketing materials
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.