Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information Technology Support
Library IT can serve as a support for events, although if the venue is managed by UF Academic Technology it is recommended you contact UFAT when issues arise. If utilizing a Library managed space, be sure and submit a Grover notifying Library IT of any event you will be hosting, the dates, and any technology needs you may require. You can also ask for them to arrive the day of the event to assist with set-up and troubleshooting.
UF Academic Technology maintains most learning spaces within the Libraries and assists with printing and computer troubleshooting. They can also help with WiFi connectivity issues. Be sure and arrive with enough time to troubleshoot issues when relying on video conferencing or other technologies. Report any issues through the UFIT Trouble Ticket system: https://tss.it.ufl.edu/help-requests/
For a list of spaces managed by Library IT or UF Academic Technology, see Reserving Conference Venue and Hotel Blocks on the menu tab.
Library Facilities can assist you with the following (submit a Grover for assistance):
- Reserving the library van or golf cart
- Moving furniture in Room 100 or other venue
- Installing tables or additional seating in Judaica, Grand Reading Room or other library locations
- Reserving parking passes for invited speakers
- Printing posters, signs, or banners (Barbara Hood can design signs upon request)
- Hanging banners at front doors
- Assisting with poster boards (highly recommended you reserve the moveable walls found in Smathers storage. Facilities poster boards are ancient, unwieldy, and will scratch floors)
- Requesting security guards for events held after-hours
- Liaising with UF Facilities to request additional custodial services
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.