The Arrivas House is a restored example of a Second Spanish Period (1784-1821) structure. The original structure on this site was one-story, two-rooms, and built with coquina. Don Raimundo de Arrivas was listed as the owner of the home at the close of the First Spanish Period (1565-1763). From 1824 until 1960, ownership changed over 20 times and several architectural changes happened, including the addition of a second story and balconies. The State of Florida purchased and restored the home from 1960-1963. It was the first restoration project of the state agency Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board, completed in advance of St. Augustine’s 400th anniversary celebration in September 1965.
The full Wikipedia entry for the Arrivas House is available here.