The González House is a reconstructed example of a First Spanish Period (1565-1763) house located. The original home on this site was a coquina home owned by cavalry soldier Bernardo González. The González House and the adjacent de Hita House were both abandoned at the start of the British Period (1764-1784). Both houses were reconstructed by the State of Florida in 1979 after archaeological excavations located the original foundations. The two homes are now connected.
The restrooms located behind the Gonzalez House are open to the public and owned by the State of Florida.
The full Wikipedia entry for the de Hita and Gonzales Houses is available here.