The Paredes-Dodge House is a restored example of a Second Spanish Period (1784-1821) structure. It was built by Minorcan sailor and merchant Juan Baptista Paredes. The Paredes-Dodge House shares a wall and a chimney with the Rodriguez-Avero-Sanchez house. It came into the possession of watchmaker James P. Dodge in 1900. He advertised the home as the “Oldest House in America”, which garnered much support for its preservation. The St. Augustine Historical Society purchased the property in 1934 and restored it. The State of Florida purchased the Paredes-Dodge House in 1988. Additional restoration work was completed recently.
The full Wikipedia entry for the Paredes-Dodge House is available here.
The UF Historic Preservation Program completed a Historic Structures Report on the Paredes Dodge House in 2021. It can be viewed digitally here.