The Florencia House is a reconstructed example of a First Spanish Period (1565-1763) structure. The home was occupied by merchant Pedro de Florencia and his family until 1763, when the British took over control of Florida. During the British Period (1764-1784), it was occupied by land speculator William Walton. The home was demolished prior to 1788. The Florencia House was reconstructed by the State of Florida in 1965 after archaeological excavation uncovered the structure’s original foundations.