Skip to Main Content

Governor's House Library and St. Augustine: Sims Silversmith Shop (12 Cuna Street)

Resources and information for researching the history of St. Augustine and using Governor's House Library.

Sims Silversmith Shop History

The Sims Silversmith Shop is a reconstructed example of a silversmith shop from the British Period (1764-1784). The wooden structure is typical of British-built structures in St. Augustine. Allegedly, Scotsman William Sims (or Sime) operated a silversmithing business in St. Augustine. Sims’ shop was not located on this specific site, and it is currently unknown exactly where his shop was located. The shop was built by the State of Florida in 1964.

The full Wikipedia entry for the Sims Silversmith Shop is available here.

A photograph of Sims Silversmith Shop as seen from the intersection of Cuna Street and Charlotte Street.

University of Florida Home Page

This page uses Google Analytics - (Google Privacy Policy)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.