Skip to Main Content

Governor's House Library and St. Augustine: Pellicer De Burgo House (53 St. George Street)

Resources and information for researching the history of St. Augustine and using Governor's House Library.

Pellice De Burgo House History

The Pellicer-de Burgo House is a reconstructed example of a British Period (1764-1784) structure. The original wooden structure was built as a duplex by Minorcans José Peso de Burgo and Francisco Pellicer, who both fled Andrew Turnbull’s plantation in New Smyrna Beach. The houses were reconstructed in 1977 by the State of Florida after archaeological excavation of the lots to locate the original duplex foundations. 

The full Wikipedia entry for the Pellicer de Burgo House is available here.

A photograph of Pellicer-de Burgo House as seen from St. George Street.

Block and Lot Location

University of Florida Home Page

This page uses Google Analytics - (Google Privacy Policy)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.