Skip to Main Content

Governor's House Library and St. Augustine: Gallegos House (21 St. George Street)

Resources and information for researching the history of St. Augustine and using Governor's House Library.

Gallegos House History

The Gallegos House is a reconstructed example of a First Spanish Period (1565-1763) structure. The original home was built around 1720, and was owned by the Gallegos family until 1763. The structure was demolished during the British Period (1764-1784). The Gallegos House was reconstructed by the State of Florida in 1963.

The full Wikipedia entry for the Gallegos House is located here.

A photograph of Gallegos House seen from St. George Street.

Block and Lot Location

The Gallegos House is located within Block 7, Lot 1 (B7L1).

University of Florida Home Page

This page uses Google Analytics - (Google Privacy Policy)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.