The Watson House is a reconstructed example of a British Period (1764-1784) home. The original structure was built in the early 1780s by British carpenter William Watson. Watson first came to Florida in 1768 as a builder for Andrew Turnbull’s plantation in today’s New Smyrna Beach. Watson and his family lived in St. Augustine from the late 1770s until 1784 when Spain regained control of East and West Florida. His home eventually became part of the adjacent Spanish Military Hospital and served as the apothecary. The Watson House was likely lost in St. Augustine’s 1887 fire and was reconstructed in 1968 by the State of Florida.
The full Wikipedia entry for the Watson House is available here.
The block and lot location for the William Watson House is Block 28, Lot 4.